PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Comes Alive
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2011, 10:42
ssc1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re the other group

weli i think the "other group" were brooklands volunteers and i only heard of the price ranging fron 18k to 30k but then you know how things change and as you say short change for the airport and i wonder why they didnt use the guys in the first place especially if it looked as though it may have been as low as less than 10k ,but then they run a business and i guess they saw a way of getting it done for nothing by another group of volunteers/mugs ,i say mugs as it can cost quite a bit to get to manchester and back in your own car .
But now it looks like BA have taken over the repair .wonder what they are going to do for a screen as the only spare was a damaged one that was sent for repair under the guidence guidence of heritage concorde as they as a team had a contact with the main company which had i thought stopped the repair as it was for free at the start .

And what a waste of money ,BA could have sold OAB and made some money out of it instead of it just standing there and rotting (have you ever been up close to it),