PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Haddon-Cave, Airworthiness, Sea King et al (merged)
Old 17th Sep 2011, 18:38
Rigga

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Engines,

Thanks for you comments, and I understand exactly where you are coming from - and in 'normal' circumstances I would wholeheartedly agree, recommend and support your thoughts.

In your STF experience story you relate to the time when you joined that establishment and found the errant STF's. I would assume that at that time there was no War or Conflict? And that is when I would fully agree with you.

During times of War or Conflict however, there may be a need for drastic actions to be taken and some of these may involve trying some new ideas - and very quickly too.

Also in these times of conflict there is a move to military rules (Martial Law) and under Martial Law almost anything can happen, good or bad, and overruling "Normal" rules.

It is in these times AND places of Martial Law that the rules for testing URGENT operational requirements can be waived. The 1st line of your last Post said "ANY modification has to be adequately tested and cleared..." It is that "adequacy" that can be challenged during operational needs.

BUT! - Before those go-getters start crying for Val-Halla - In my translation of these rules - On return to "normal" Rules or "normal" locations the UORs are removed (not just inhibited) and replaced with properly tested and safe - APPROVED capability Mods.