PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tonsillectomy
Thread: Tonsillectomy
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2011, 18:04
Cyber Bob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My son had them out a year or so ago (13yrs). Dreading to TBH however he was having persistent sore throats. Took forever for him to be referred (Even though we had private medical Ins) as the mandate for GP's to refer is very restrictive. It seems that this is not classed as an essential op!!!

Anyway the day came and CB Junior was quite chilled. Reckon he'd had enough by then so just wanted them out. The op was fine, he had what seemed like two large white scrapes down his throat and the dangly bit was nearly touching his tounge!!. But within 4 hours he was eating a sandwich and the dangly bit reduced in size within a week. Reckon the doc was flicking it for amusement!

Doc's gave us meds, painkillers and anti inflamatory's but he really didn't seem to use that many. However, he was a right little blagger though. He clocked onto what the doc said, "Give him regular food but things he really likes to encourage him to eat". Cost me a friggin' fortune in steak, Shrimp and wotnot. He's paying for it right now I can tell you

His throat calmed down within a week and since then, all has been fine.

Go for it dude, seeing someone with what seems like a permanent sore throat and swollen tonsils isn't much fun. Suck it up (Pain I mean) and you'll not look back

As for CB Junior - he really hasn't looked back and the difference is amazing, although he ain't getting steak/surf + turf 3 times a week now, I can tell yer!

All the best
CB