PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - professional pilot school in US
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2011, 11:40
igarratt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why go to the US, the UK has many 6 week / intensive programs and I do many a full time students in the UK all year, link to a site on my profile has a fact sheet on it that will give you some of the things to look out for when going over seas worth a read regardless of where you train. Price wise they look better value but be sure you have included all the bits they don't tell you about

I know the weather can be pap in the uk but in winter we get lots of cold high pressure systems that create amazing flying weather, just remember to bring your gloves !

There is also a good book called 'Learning to fly in 21 days' by Phil Stone is his account of going to the USA, 100 pages of everything you can know and find out before you go ! amazon should have it.

If you have the availability then there are very few days where you will not fly at all in the UK, and the mass of ground school if you haven't done all your exams, as well as sim time will easily give you a full day and still have home work If you start your ATPL exams at the same time you will be well getting ahead of the game and the chances of having any free time with be zilch

oh and it's so so worth the hard work when your office is at FL360