PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SNS3Guppy
Thread: SNS3Guppy
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2011, 02:42
Pilot DAR

Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Yes, Pace, I see your point. Though I don't completely agree, this is certainly well into opinion territory, and each is entitled to his/her own opinion, and I respect yours.. Perhaps it is wise to give the new pilots just a slight taste of the cut throat side of aviation, but it would be easy to go too far, and simply turn people off entirely.

Another thread on whether SNS3Guppy is/isn't a troll, was/wasn't justly banned?
Well, maybe... But rather than keeping alive the memory of a past contributor, who in my opinion, did as much harm as good, I would rather see this thread as an opportunity to more generally refresh the subject, of this being a place where positive mentoring should be a priority, and anonymity should not enable simply rude behaviour.

Ultimately, this is someone's "place" and we are all guests. We should expect to behave appropriately. Personally, I find the effort of the moderators excellent, and though I have no idea if they are compensated or not, for what they must have to do and put up with, to keep this an interesting place to be, I find it simply amazing. It's like the sports referee, they are the one, who like it or not, runs the game. If you don't like it, you don't have to play. If you break the rules, you can no longer play. Just because a contributor has lots of information to offer, does not entitle that person to be rude, and antagonize others, because they are compensating elsewhere.

Like everything, PPRuNe has lines. One got crossed, and action was taken. The line is still there, and we are reminded of that. Someone is minding the shop - thanks mods!