PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life at Sunwing
Thread: Life at Sunwing
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2011, 14:12
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pcm

Thanks for considering me a hero (blushing with modesty). But, I've never considered myself one. You're so kind.

I have nothing bad to say about Sunwing. I've never set foot on one of their flights. I've never said they were or would go out of business (that I recall, but feel free to shove it down my throat if I have) I have nothing bad to say about the Canadian pilots working there as some of them I used to fly with at a previous airline. I have no doubt it would be fun working there. That has nothing to do with bringing foreign pilots into Canada, I don't care who it is that's doing it. This just happens to be Sunwing. AND, it can't be justified.
But I have it in my head, the worker bees at Sunwing don't pull this kind of bullsh*t move to crew airplanes. Yeah? Maybe it's Sunwing management?

My condesention is aimed at the Canadian Government and at least two known operators that take advantage of ignorant politicians and my fellow Canadian pilots stand back and let it happen. (I've said the same about Canjet) Do Sunwing pilots go to the hearings and tell the CDN gov't to Foxtrot Oscar? No. Most Cdn pilots forget how easy it is to climb the ladder in canada and this horse sh*t makes it even easier (sarcasm intended) We have more than enough suitable Canadian candidates for these jobs, part time or not, right here in Canada. Do you think the Germans would welcome Canadian pilots willy nilly without considerable objection into, say an Air Berlin without some sort of vocal objection? Dry lease a European NG with an EU registration OR give it a temporary Canadian Reg? You tell me.

Where I work is relevant to nothing. Where you work isn't either. We're merely expressing opinions. No one has to agree with mine.

Now, tell me more about this hero thing.....