PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Haddon-Cave, Airworthiness, Sea King et al (merged)
Old 16th Sep 2011, 14:05
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What changes are you referring to and why do you say this? (I think it's wrong but I'm interested to understand your rationale.)
Squidlord.

Sorry about the delay, I have been away.

With reference to the Nimrod specifically...the changes to engineering checks and operating procedures started the day after the accident and continued for months downstream. They are very well documented including on here.

With reference to the various departments in the MOD that deal with this stuff...I was working on a contract with one of them and it got put on hold because "everything is changing around post the Nimrod accident". That quote was well before HC hit the streets and comes from the horses mouth... and when I say horses mouth I mean somebody closer to the HC report than anybody on here.

No need to dwell on it.

Not many people do like the HC report. The families don't because he slagged off the coroner. The airworthiness gang don't because he lifted the stone, then carefully put it back without distrurbing what he found. The maritime community hate it because they think it cost them all their jobs...I could go on but you get my point.