PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Morale Rock Bottom
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2002, 12:21
Nils Taurus Excretus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy AndyL my apologies

Sorry for misqutoing you and thank you for taking the time to clarify the point in a civil manner. I am glad you find the debate 'interesting' and I hope you see more in it than that!

Perhaps you would like to comment on the percieved pressure placed on personnel generally not to 'complain' about errors and poor practises here at easyJet? Do you deny there have been people refused Command opportunities for arguing with Crewing and other incidents, or called into a 'well-being' meeting because they are off sick? Since when is easyJet a qualified medical authority to issue advice and guidance on health matters? And please don't trot out the 'people oriented company' line, it is patently false. If you want people to supply a Doctors Certifcate of Absence that is reasonable, but it is NOT reasonable to pressure them into working when sick for fear of being called into the office! Besides all they do is make the rest of us sick too... false economy and poor practise in one!

Perhaps you will volunteer your honest opinion of the current rostering practises here at easyJet. I wonder if anyone is game to make you really aware of the current problems and feeling amongst the troops. We are not lazy and are not complaining about a minor issue here Andy. Here's hoping that just because winter has arrived it isn't all swept under the carpet. Didn't this all happen just 3 years ago? Read the old memos.

Do you personally feel that we are sufficiently well rested given the factors outlined in previous posts?

I also put it to you that it is not only the Captain who can decide on discretion.. it is not Commanders Discretion but an individuals decision regardless of the slant easyJet or any other company may put on it. Only one person can responsibly decide if they are fit to continue outside maximum legally rosterable duties. To state otherwise places undue pressure on junior crew members and cabin staff to comply with your get-home-itis Captain. In the event of an unfortunate happening where the individual makes a fatigue induced error THEY not the Captain will be held legally liable for their actions.