PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 16th Sep 2011, 06:14
VIMD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As with anything in life, there are advantages and disadvantages to any course of action. For those interested in the REX cadetship and convinced that it is the way to go, good luck, and enjoy! Be aware however of the problems that you will face and don't be surprised by them.

Very funny that they expect you to pay $23,500 upfront, but can't even give you a basic timeline a few weeks in advance, nor any communication as to whether you will get a set of Jeppesen Airway Manuals. Sounds typical of the setup they have. Let's make a few quick dollars out of them.

Investigate the options available to you - such as VET FEE HELP - I know where I would be going to do flight training at the moment, and it is not REX's little school. The sausage factory that is AAPA does have some positives, but there are many better flying schools out there, and also a lot that are worse.

Would I pay $90,000 to do training with them and buy my way into the RHS of a SAAB? Probably not. Nothing against those that go for this option, but with this particular 32-week programme, the guys and girls coming out with their brand new shining MECIR and CPL have very limited knowledge... this despite the fact that they get great results in CASA exams. I'd rather have someone with real knowledge flying an aircraft than those that were just taught how to pass an exam...

Anyways, back to work. That's my 2 cents for now!