PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABC Helicopter crash near Lake Eyre
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2011, 02:43
onetrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No mention or indication of any bird carcass or bones in the burnt remains being found, thus seemingly reducing the bird-strike theory.
The drummed fuel from which the resupply was drawn that afternoon is noted as an important point of further examination. Drummed fuel always contains an increased risk of contamination.

I'm somewhat surprised that nowhere can I find any mention of autopsies having been done, particularly on the pilot. Perhaps the fire was too intense? I see where a "review" of the medical status of the pilot is on the cards.
Perhaps the investigators are looking to find clues, that they couldn't find via an autopsy?

A BIL related to me how he "died" from a heart attack. He was feeling a little nauseous and had pins and needles in his arms and chest... so, with a history of heart problems, he decided to be driven to hospital by his wife.
He walked into the hospital lobby and had a major heart attack, right as he walked in.

He related how his vision just went, as his peripheral vision just closed in, and his vision narrowed to a pinpoint, then blackness. He hit the floor, effectively dead. The ER crew rushed out and revived him, and he lives still, but on a cocktail of pills.
He said what amazed him, was how suddenly he dropped, like a poleaxed steer, within a couple of seconds. No chance to do anything, reach out, or break his fall. Bang, you're gone, just like that.

Last edited by onetrack; 16th Sep 2011 at 03:08.