PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 5
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 5
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2011, 21:00
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck to the new guy, I really hope this is a step (at long last, some might say too late) in the right direction for BHX in gaining some route growth.

Whilst I was there, in and around EMA, I saw taxis from Solihull (2), Brum, Cannock Chase and here (Lichfield District) - frustrating evidence, in my view, of the appalling failure of BHX to provide the air routes that the region, its economy and its people need
I wold love to know what the true numerical value of the leakage of pax from the BHX catchment area to other airports is. Unless you collect frequent flier points, want to go to the Med or just like connecting flights I think there is a huge amount of people for whom travelling to EMA, LPL, BRS and the like from areas noted above and many others in the West Midlands has become the norm for short haul flying. Lets hope this is something that is now addressed, but IMO its going to take some solid and sustained route development backed up with a massive marketing campaign to claw pax back, raise awareness of BHX and bring it back to being the gateway of choice for travel to/from the Midlands. Not an easy job. As for long haul expansion, sorry but I still have my doubts, I hope that ATQ is high on his priority list its the one long haul route BHX should be able to sustain