PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Haddon-Cave, Airworthiness, Sea King et al (merged)
Old 15th Sep 2011, 16:31
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
Tourist

If an MoD employee, having responsibility for the safety of an aircraft, is formally advised that his actions or decisions WILL result in placing aircrew in immediate danger, and that person flatly REFUSES to make the aircraft safe, and instructs his subordinates likewise; then I'm afraid that is a conscious, quite deliberate act.

If is doubly worse when an employee is not an engineer (and so cannot have technical and financial approval or airworthiness delegation), but grants himself that delegation and makes a series of false, fraudulent declarations.

And when the predicted has occurred and aircrew have died, MoD and Ministers still insist such staff did nothing wrong - then all hope is gone. This is the current, official MoD and Government position, as of 3 months ago. (Last time Minister confirmed it to my MP).

AA

talking about a conversation that took place over twenty years ago that I failed to record
I was taught long ago that if someone lies to you or instructs you to commit an offence, record all subsequent conversations. The proceedings of the hearing at which the above events I describe were aired, and the rulings handed down, is crystal clear. (MoD denied it took place when asked for the minutes!). Oops.