PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Masters of Aviation Management
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2011, 11:25
Cluster Drain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks heaps for taking the time to give me your view. Really appreciate the comments from each of you.

Keg, You make an excellent point about diversifying but I just can't bring myself to do a degree in something as dry as business of commerce. If it has a little aviation relevance, i might be able to swallow the prospect of study a little more easily.

TSRA, I'll PM u, thanks.

Worrals, I think you make a good call about brushing up on tertiary writing. It's an art in itself. Be buggered that Wikipedia is not considered academic enough!

Seabreeze, I just had a look at UNSW Aviation. Didn't realize they offered the Masters. Re. getting direct into the Masters, I had hoped that with an ATPL + 'industry experience' + Diploma in an unrelated field I might have enough ROPL to go straight into the Masters. That's what some of the uni websites are suggesting but UNSW looks a little more hard core. I was hoping to avoid any of the Masters degrees that involved a research paper and just stick to the degrees that offer study units only.

FTS, interesting about Griffith Uni. It is QLD, after all...ayy...

4 Greens, thanks for the info.

Cirronim & Progressive, good to hear Uni Newc is relevant and interesting. Your personal opinions are valuable as it's hard to discern fact from spin when trolling through all the uni websites. Congrats to you, Progressive. Fulltime work and a Masters in 18 mths: no walk in the park.

Cheers all,
CD.