PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Haddon-Cave, Airworthiness, Sea King et al (merged)
Old 15th Sep 2011, 08:54
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
AA:
He's not arguing airworthiness... He's arguing safety and it's potential detrimental effect on operational effectiveness.
Well we are, or at least should be, as that is the point of this thread. If he wants to pursue a different agenda, it should be in a different thread. I have no issue with attacking H-C or Lord P. They are both exercises in whitewash. Hence their "baby", the MAA, is doomed in its mission to return airworthiness to military aviation as presently constituted, and if in trying to do so they are disrupting operational effectiveness then Tourist et al have my sympathy. You make the point that to be operationally effective, UK Military Aviation has first to be Airworthy. I couldn't agree more! That has to be done outside of the MOD or it will never happen. How it be done and by whom I leave to others better informed than I, but done it must be or we simply wait for the next Airworthiness Related Fatal Military Air Accident OP in this Forum. I don't see how that helps Tourist, Operational Effectiveness, or anyone.

dervish:
I received a very polite PM from Tourist explaining his views on Sea King
Well that's good to know, but it might help this thread if we all get to hear why he thinks these two aircraft collided instead of simply attacking other (including the BoI's) ideas.