PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting into ATC - Australia controller
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2011, 19:07
VBHB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting into ATC - Australia controller

Good morning all,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I'm 28 y/o and I need direction and advice as I want to become an ATC (preferably Tower Ops but will take whatever to get in).

I'm currently in law enforcement (which is very rewarding job) in QLD but........ these day's it isn't a career due to too many reasons I could write an essay about....

I have a passion for Aviation, love planes, always listening to LiveATC etc but was never able to get my Pilot's Licence as I could not afford it, didn't do well in school (due to personal reasons) and I have a scarred left cornea. I fly payware aircraft online as a hobby and stress relief, you know living the dream and all that...

So I see that the closing date for applications for training next year is March 2012 - Airservices Australia - Job details

What advice and direction would you give me so I can get in?

The only real drama I can forsee is I'm not the best at high level Maths but I'm keen to relearn from scratch (Khan Academy, tutors etc).

Also should I look at getting into VATSIM/IVAO ATC training and becoming a controller there?

Also I live in Cairns QLD and have a partner etc, she's keen to move to Brissie but is it possible to get back north?

Thanks guys,

Pete.