PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Remote Desktop resizes the remote desktop...
Old 14th Sep 2011, 19:05
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the non-full-screen setting is different from the local display resolution, you will get scrollbars to navigate around the RDP session.
I may be missing something subtle, but the scroll bars only scroll around the local depiction of the portion of the remote desktop to which the remote end is set to when you login.

There appears to be no way to have a remote desktop of say 1600x1200 and a local desktop of say 1024x768, and have scroll bars displayed (locally) which allow you to move around the whole 1600x1200 desktop and have 1:1 pixel mapping between the two desktops.

The situation where scroll bars are displayed are when e.g. you set up a 1024x768 desktop under Options (this setting refers to the local desktop) but then reduce the local RDP client window size below 1024x768.

There is a screen size setting in the .rdp file which appears to specify the remote desktop size which the remote machine desktop is set to when you login, and that is fine, but this alone does not produce local scroll bars which allow you to move around that desktop. And with no scroll bars, you tend to end up with unreadable text etc.

If you think I am missing something, I'd like to know. Maybe something can be done with two different .rdp config files, and switching between them by using two different RDP icons.