PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 FCOM and QRH changes - a summary
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2011, 17:58
thermostat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A320 FCOM

My big disappointment with the FCOMs was :-
No proper index. The index at the back of FCOM 4 was inadequate and had no cross reference info.
No CB info. We had to obtain CB grid info from another airline who was smart enough to publish one for themselves.
Also,
AB didn't see the need to publish a meaningful "Emergency Descent Procedure".
(I believe it should start at the right side of the FCU, move left, go to the P1 PFD, then to the centre console and back up to the FCU, this time from left to right). This is an orderly sequence that should be instituted.
They spent millions on the FPA computer but didn't publish any info on how to use it properly.
Simulator training in my experience was a nightmare. Too rushed, not enough time to practice and some important items were never included in the so called "training".
What is really crazy is that none of the governing bodies forced AB to supply the airlines/pilots with the above info. Just look at all the discussions pertaining to the AF 447 crash. Seams to me that not many pilots really understand the airplane.
Hope it gets better with time.
IMHO this type of aircraft is far too complicated to reduce sim training in order to save money.