PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay SO lifestyle and work/life balance?
Old 14th Sep 2011, 17:49
atrpilot30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey

I am also thinking about moving to HK together with my girlfriend. If I do it will be as a DESO in CX. But my concerns are as always is it possible to make a living for yourself and your girlfriend.

- Do anyone know if it is possible for European to get a job in HK in this case im thinking about my girlfriend. She does not have any special education?

- I have read somewhere that you have to pay tax of your forgivable loan and you have to pay tax two years in advance can anyone confirm this? And do you get the forgivable loan the day you start or at the end of your first year (think I read that somewhere in here?)

- Another thing I have been looking at houses to rent and found some apartments there is looking ok in Discovery Bay. The prices were around HKD 20.000 pr/month. Then I should have about HKD 20.000 left, in my mind it sound ok but can anyone tell me if that is right? Because I have no idea about what utilities cost (apartment) food, house insurance, and what else you have to pay for in HK.

I really appreciate if anyone could help with these questions.

Thanks for your help in advance