PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Took my Air Law exam on Sunday! ...Failed :( Any tips and advice very appreciated!
Old 14th Sep 2011, 16:18
Kolossi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well good luck with the resit RyanRs. A couple of responses from me:
  • another vote for writing it down and using coloured pens - e.g. For Rules of the air, I do a little picture of the rule with me as green and other aircraft as red. When you move onto Met, temperature-related stuff in red, pressure in green etc. Find your own scheme that works for you though
  • As I've oft-posted I highly recommend both Airquiz.com (£3 to practice a subject as many times as you like), but it's not as accurate a prep for the exam as the PPL Perfector Book. Just make sure you get at least the 2nd edition. The author (Keith Williams) does frequent these forums if you want to ask follow-up questions on the answer explanations.
  • Re the comments above about booking exams, you don't say where you are doing the exams but as you say your location is Medway, I'm guessing it's Rochester. I'm studying at Headcorn (with Air Law, Met, Nav passed), and I can give almost no notice. I practiced Airplane General last night and it seems good to go so I'm going in on Sat, but I could have done it today if I had time. Perhaps give Headcorn a call and ask if you can sit the exam there when it suits, then study like mad and just go for the exam when the practice is going well enough?
  • FWIW my study approach is:
    1. read book and make (coloured) notes
    2. do airquiz, follow subject recommendations for wrong answers. Repeat.
    3. when ready, do PPL Perfector
    4. ring Headcorn then sit exam!

Please also feel free to PM me if it helps.

Last edited by Kolossi; 14th Sep 2011 at 16:22. Reason: Add learning sequence