PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Took my Air Law exam on Sunday! ...Failed :( Any tips and advice very appreciated!
Old 14th Sep 2011, 13:56
The500man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My personal way of studying is a bit crazy... when I get a question in an exam that I am unsure of, the first thing I do is visualise where in the room that piece of paper was and what colour the text of the answer was. Once I have done this my brain just seems to find it easier to recall the contents of that page and I have my answer.
I do something similar! Not on such a grand scale though. I write notes as I read the text and then when I move on to the question banks, I keep a note of all the things I get wrong and make a summary notes page of just those things. It's usually A4 front and back and I write as small as possible and put a box around everything I write on it. In the exam I can just visualise my A4 paper and read off what I need.

For some reason there are some things that it doesn't matter how many times I look them up I can't remember them a few hours later. A good example of one such thing for me at the moment is an ATPL question about what a down-spring is! I've looked that thing up so many times and I still can't remember it. It will definitely be going on my summary sheet when I get around to writing it!