PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2011, 12:09
VFE
Dancing with the devil, going with the flow... it's all a game to me.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But CX do have a bit of a bad reputation for checking instead of training, and certainly the impression one gets at interview is that its very much a "prove yourself to us" approach as opposed to a "show us yourself and we will show who we are going forwards" type affair. 'Job' interviews should ber a two way street. Its an opportunity for a company to sell itself to you and obviously for you to sell yourself to the company. Nowhere did I feel that CX did much to impress other than prop me up in their own hotel (after tapping me up for HKD200 deposit which they never mentioned in their pre interview communications) and fly us there and back. Big willies. Their attitude at interview was very "do as you're told, serve yourself and then bugger off". Punchy corporate nonesense in other words. No sense of real welcome to CX, do you wanna cuppa old chap? Just sit down and dodge the bullets we're gonna fire. I think anyone who walks away feeling that its a warm company has had a seriously bad upbrining in life.

So, would they groom you with warm mentoring expertise, or put the fear of God into you regarding upgrade failures?

You decide!

VFE.