PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 14th Sep 2011, 10:45
jetdownunder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ergaster2: are you also asking for feedback? I want to know what it is that makes them think I am not a good fit for the role. You always learn from that kind of information.

I know 100% sure that I would have successfully gone through the training and the job. There is not a single cell in my body not convinced about that. My environment (including ATC friends) keep telling me that I am perfect for this job, and so motivated, but hey...that doesn't count! Because.....there is always this assessment! It's a moment, a carefully designed test, a snap shot of your skills and work style, and.....the way it is set up there is also the human factor of the assessors. I seem to be a bad performer in assessments. I have done a few and at least twice I am hired for a very good role, despite the assessment results not being ideal, or at least ambiguous. Haha, I must be a complicated person! Luckily, in further interviews and real time conversations I always seem to get through. A simulated environment, or test setting, just isn't the real deal and I seem to have little imagination to be able to "forget" that.

I believe I either failed on the reaction test (plane position, how frustrating being a very visual person), or it's a decision based on human factors (as in the opinion/judgement of the assessors). I'll find out in a few weeks.

I feel we were unlucky in that we were challenged by the technology on that day (22 August). Also, I find it a little disappointing that I didn't have the interview with the person that was on my schedule. It felt a bit rushed and not so well prepared (my interview).

Whatever way, I have to acknowledge the outcome, no matter how hard it is to see a life long dream shattered. You know what? Life must have better plans ready for me. How exciting!!

Fortunately I started on a very good contract role recently. Hopefully it will be so exciting that I will forget about the dissappointment soon.

I wish all the future applicants all the best with their assessment day, once through to that stage. Just be yourself, and prepare yourself in such a way that you can peak perform (i.e. sleep, be on time, prepare your route, etc...).

Whatever is....is.

Ciao, Henriette