PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Took my Air Law exam on Sunday! ...Failed :( Any tips and advice very appreciated!
Old 14th Sep 2011, 10:33
HighFlyer75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with all those people who say to write it down. I struggle to retain Air Law type information when only reading it from a book or watching a video.

My personal way of studying is a bit crazy but I have used it forever and have never failed an exam (and usuallly get pretty good results). Basically I write my own summarised notes but I use big bold colours rather than a pen. I will use A4 sheets of paper and some white board markers and I will just randomly alternate the colours as I am writing it. When a page is full I place it somewhere in my study room but make sure each page has its own place (i.e. don't put pages on top of each other). Then I wander around the room reading them all over and over again. Because I used whitboard markers I don't have to pick it up to read it because the writing is pretty big. I find using this technique that when I get a question in an exam that I am unsure of, the first thing I do is visualise where in the room that piece of paper was and what colour the text of the answer was. Once I have done this my brain just seems to find it easier to recall the contents of that page and I have my answer.

As I said above, a bit crazy and you need to be willing to sacrifice a room in your house for a few days, but it works (for me anyway).