PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Took my Air Law exam on Sunday! ...Failed :( Any tips and advice very appreciated!
Old 14th Sep 2011, 08:31
RyanRs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the replies! I have taken note of all the comments and different studying techniques and i will certainly put much more effort into it this time! I Don't know if i can agree with the comments referring to my attitude tho, I certainly have the determination and my goal is to eventually fly for a career however i do also have quite a 'time demanding' job, being a fuel tanker lorry driver, i have to work long hours and shifts. I have no choice but to work as i need to pay my bills! unllike a lot of people i have known who have a very good financial status and can afford to prioritise there flying training! I do get some waiting time whislt at delivery points, which i will use to study the air law book. I would have done this before but i was under the impression that the OAA cd-rom would be all i need to get a good pass on the subject, so i did not bother with purchasing a Book to study along side it! I have since purchased the AFE 10th edition Air law/Coms book now and ill try two x 1 hour sessions of study a day.

I do have a dillema now tho!!

As someone mentioned above, There is no rush to do the PPLs -unless its holding you back for the solo. Well,turns out thats exactly my situation! My past two hours of lessons have just been nothing more than practise and the club will not allow me to continue until i have the exam done! Now here is the main problem i have; I am booked up for 6 more flying hours between the 25 ~ 3rd, these were booked well in advance and them dates chosen as its the only time work would allow me my remaining holiday (before loosing it!) I was hoping that in them 7 hours i would do my 4 hours of solo circuits and start my Nav! But i only have two date choices to retake my Air law.. the 22nd (which is a bit close) or the 1st ! which means i would have to cancel 5 of the 7 hours as they would be more 'practise' -which is good but unnesecarry given the costs!!

Do i, take the air law on the 22nd and study like hell at work and at home? Or cancel all those lessons and take the exam on the 1st ?! I wonder if i could use this as fire power against the school to let me take the Solo before the Air-law?! its nearly a grand in a week they could miss out on!