PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Call for Queensland police helicopter
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2011, 07:45
PO dust devil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With the fixed wing police coverage and emq covering ems out of the Brisbane cbd would anyone exempt the metropolitan Brisbane residents from paying for those services to the rural parts of the state? I dont think so.

You're unreal. Hukhuk.

The point of policing is to increase the likelihood of catching crooks. It's just another useful tool. Same as the van, same as forensic, but not as good as a cop on the beat. The best prevention is the likelihood of detection AND certain punishment.

BTW There was a certain blue corporate helicopter operated in Melbourne late 80's, with a deceptively similar paint scheme to vicpol at the time. Public thought it was a cop machine....even to the point of phoning the PAW in old hangar 104, to complain that the police helicopter had lost it's door. Can't tell me that operator didn't stop his share of crimes or dodge his share of noise complaints, while extending the visible police presence .....who was that masked man?

It was around the same time another guy topped a pencil pine at royal park hah aha!

You guys crack me up.

DD