PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar legal action update
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2011, 03:48
PhoenixNZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Eternity

Your about 10-11 years off my age there mate. Married with two children is kind of hard when your 15 lol.

Going bush as you put it is all well and good when your single and have no other real responsibilities but its unfortunately not the same when you have a family to look after. Its unfair on my family to drag them from place to place searching for a job.

Now one could say that I should have done this earlier, studying to be a commercial pilot that is, and thats well and good. No one however knows my personal circumstances so aren't really in a position to comment on that. I could also have skipped doing it all together but its never to late to pursue ones dreams.

I'm more than happy to do the hard yards to get into a job but I will never do something thats going to put my family in undue hardship just for the sake of posterity.

I've got another year left in my training so these aren't decisions I'm faced with immediately. Who knows, a year is a long time and changes to cadet programs may well either make them less attractive or alternately change them so they are more suited to everyone in the industry.

My points in this discussion were never about whether or not the cadet programs are good or bad or otherwise. Its always been about making sure the blame goes in the wrong place so that those 19-20 year olds who are cadets aren't getting **** on by other pilots for no justifiable reason.

As I've said (repeatedly) blame the program and those who run it. Dont blame those who join up when they believe its their best option.