PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low altitude mixture cuts in twin training still occuring despite CASA warnings
Old 14th Sep 2011, 02:19
Di_Vosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where are you going with this thread?

A37575 I'm not sure what you're getting at.

You've titled the thread
Low altitude mixture cuts in twin training still occuring despite CASA warnings
and then quote

Control was lost when the student mis-identified the engine failure and the aircraft went into an incipient spin.
So which is it? Did the aircraft lose control because of the method in which the instructor simulated engine failure, or did the aircraft lose control because the student mis-identified which engine failed?

Or did the accident happen simply because the simluated engine failure (regardless of how it was simulated) was conducted below a safe height?

These two crashes and others before them prove that instructors should not risk the lives of their students with dangerous practices in attempts at realism.
Agree totally. I've been told that there are more deaths from simulated EFATO's in light twins than there have been in actual EFATO's in light twins.

As others have said, I think that the practice of simulated engine failures in light twins shouldn't be allowed AT ALL below a certain height.

DIVOSH!