PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Haddon-Cave, Airworthiness, Sea King et al (merged)
Old 13th Sep 2011, 19:54
Small Spinner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tourist

Your pomposity astounds me, and I'm just glad I never had the displeasure of flying with you.

'Survive to fight' seems like a good axiom to use here, in that by your logic the little problem that nearly had you killed one day, would just be a statistical 'one off', and therefore not worthy of investigation. Whether it is a lack of knowledge on your part, or a minor engineering issue brought on by lack of trained personnel, due to a higher than normal attrition rate amongst senior engineers. No it is all too expensive to fix, whether it is the organisation, the design, the processes and procedures, the tooling, or the documentation.

The same documentation you read, from which of course you assess the risk, when signing for the aircraft. But hey it's not going to happen to you, because your graph tells you, it won't be you (or your crew) this time, and you'll go off and win the war with all the other poor sods in unsafe aircraft.

The one thing of course is that a military is not just for winning wars, it is also to maintain the peace and prevent attack, which of course you won't be able to do if aircraft keep falling out of the sky, and crews are suddenly reluctant to fly them. But of course clever people like you know all of this!!!