PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Owner and operator, finally!
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2011, 19:19
Genghis the Engineer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts
JW411 - perhaps the anglo-saxon sense of humour is lost on you. DAR, who knows me, made a joke about not recognising me in that jacket, and I made a joke about my known longstanding gripe about being regularly made to wear hi-viz that is invariably not flame retardant.

I am well aware why hi-viz is necessary on a busy major airport pan, and would most certainly not have been there without it. That photo was taken shortly before dawn when it was fairly quiet, but the light was poor (more obvious to us than the camera perhaps) and there were enough large aircraft manoeuvring around to justify it.

But I'm not going to stop being sarcastic about the fact that most hi-viz clothing is a fire liability, and that some very sleepy airports with a few movements per hour/day mandate them with no real good safety reason. It was extremely obvious that Liege is not one of those.

I've lost a number of friends and colleagues to aviation accidents, it's one of the reasons I am a flight safety researcher, and more recently also a flying instructor. But I live with their memories without flying off the handle when somebody makes a joke.

Nor am I going to get overly distracted from remembering that this thread is about Anton's rather nice new aeroplane, which is the point of this thread.

G