PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RECENT experience of Oxford Aviation (OAT) selection
Old 13th Sep 2011, 18:28
Macho Grande

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RECENT experience of Oxford Aviation (OAT) selection

Hello fellow PRUNES!!

I am looking for help from anyone who has gone through the Oxford Aviation selection tests recently (within the last twelve months) to confirm / deny how their selection tests are currently running. I have applied to them as part of BA FPP (I havn't actually heard anything yet but want to be prepared!) and am assuming that the selection will be the same if not very similar to how they normally run their days.

I am trying to swat up for their selection tests and have found LOADS of really great gen on here and Oxfords forums, but I would like some confirmation from people who have actually sat the tests, on what helped them prepare successfully.

I am particularly interested in the numerical / verbal / science stuff that that Oxford talk about. On day 2, the technical test, being assessed on the life cycle of a star for example had me raising my eyebrows. I am familiar with these subjects from school, albeit -AHEM- years ago. HOW much of this stuff needs to be in your head? Theories and principles or should I know all the little equations that got pushed out back when I had to learn about mortgages and pensions? Oxford recommend buying their back to school material to brush up on subjects but I wasn't sure how much of this would be useful for the selection rather than the ground school itself!

I have been practising with SHL direct and assessment day which has been good, but again I have no idea how close to the mark these tests are to Oxfords, either harder or easier.

Recommended aptitude test for hand / eye coordination has definitely been covered to death, cockpitweb and pilapt which is fine, but anyone who can join some dots for me on the above will be well received.

Many thanks in advance for any info....