PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 2
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 2
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2011, 16:04
Porkypine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Optimism Is Key

How about rather than cursing all the time, lets back Bournemouth to succeed from time to time. Ok, specualation on management is always rife and you can always compare PAX numbers to neighbouring Southampton, But wheres that really gonna get Bournemouth..........

I say great news about Blue Islands return and lets all get behind the new route and sell, sell, sell!! As for the return of Olympic Holidays trying to get Heraklion and Larnaca back to Bournemouth, I hope this could be arranged as PAX loads were always high and the demand is huge.

New facilitys are not as bad as everyone makes out either, OK arrivals building could of done with a few more square meters and a few more facilities, a coffee shop for example wouldn't have gone a miss. However would locals really be bothered or prefer the 2 hour hike back from a London airport after the hour and a half it takes to get through arrivals anyway. I'd suggest the answer would be NO.

Catchment area?? 50% water.... Southend have seemed to pick up routes (Easy) ly enough (sorry couldnt resist) Despite what people say, There is alot of money down here, people can afford a holiday.

So to conclude, If your a Bournemouth Airport supporter that wants the airport to succeed, try not knocking it down all the time. Let's all hope that the new routes to and from the channel islands are just the start of what will become a thriving and successful airport....