PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Morale Rock Bottom
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2002, 22:48
BTB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Discretion:

On no occasion at easy have I have ever been put under pressure to go into discretion. When I have I have been treated like a god! This summer I vowed never to do it as a result of rostering/carmen/poor decisions above my pay scale, but did anyway when you have the option of a)going home at 11pm on a saturday night rather than flying the night ATH and ruining the holidays or business plans of 149 pax or: b) going into a few minutes of discretion waiting for a cc to be air taxied from another base.

Because? On the day these problems were unforseen, although strategically avoidable. As a result, I got professional pride, probably at the expense of my pay negotiating position, and recieved a great deal of reciprocal support from our ops teams as a result.

As for recieving financial reward for discretion, that of course is unthinkable; it is a get the job done option only and should never be encouraged by financial gain.

A soon announced, fair, and appropriate pay and conditions deal would more than do the trick!