PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Welcome back pollution :(
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2011, 13:31
too hard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you cxorcist for your interpretation of the Jesus quote from your bible and yes, I did read the entire passage.

Luke 19 verse 27

"As for my enemies who don't want me as their king, bring them here and slaughter them before me".

I welcome any Christian or biblical scholar to correct me if I am wrong but my understanding is that Jesus, the Holy Ghost, and the Father are all the one entity i.e., the Holy Trinity. I understand that the above quote from the gospel of Luke is a parable and Jesus is only quoting what his father is saying as the ultimate judge. As Jesus is meant to be God too, does that not mean that he (Jesus) is really saying how he would treat his enemies also, or is this one of those good cop bad cop routines

I must admit that I have enjoyed this discussion immensely. I was brought up and educated as a Catholic (one of the many thousands of denominations of Christianity) from birth and have studied most of the religions of the world. Often references are made by religious people to their own bible to justify their faith and belief. The fact that I have studied the Judean Christian Bible so closely is one of the main reasons that I am now an atheist.