PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Took my Air Law exam on Sunday! ...Failed :( Any tips and advice very appreciated!
Old 13th Sep 2011, 13:21
RyanRs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took my Air Law exam on Sunday! ...Failed :( Any tips? -Now PASSED!

Ok, so I took my first ever PPL exam on sunday and i cannot say i did too well i took paper #3 of 'Air Law' and scored a miserable 67.5%.

I do admit, I mostly have myself to blame for this as I made the mistake of booking the exam on the weekend that i was actually moving house & having my car brake down the night before made things 10 times more of a panic! but I also only only had two weeks till the exam after recieving my OAA Air law cd-rom to which I had waited over two weeks for its delivery! So therefore I was not left with much time to study properly. On top of all this, to my own amazment, i actually managed to accidently tick the wrong box on one question to which i knew the answer to! I put this down to lack of concentration from being exahsuted from moving!

I have re-booked the test for the 1st of october and i intend to pass this time and with a Good score! My main problem i have tho is the studying! I don't read books often as they send me to sleep! even the most interesting of stories, i just struggle to get through 5 pages without slipping into a daydream and forgetting what i have read! I also found that the OAA CBT for airlaw was incredibly dull.. Informative yes! but the narrator talks very slow and Loww! (note to OAA, bubbly women make better narrators!)
But Anyhow, I have purchased the AFE Air-law book as i hear a lot of people swear by it and, also i have the OAA PPL practise CD-rom. I am considering signing up to something like PPLQuiz? But i dont know if that would be a good idea with this subject given how often the rules change? Would this be a good idea? or is there a major risk of learning the 'Wrong stuff' ?

If anybody could give me some tips and advice on how to get through this exam i would greatly appreciate it! I dont think ill have an issue with the other subjects as there more at home to me being a technically minded person but air Law its just Ewwww!!

Btw, i guess the PPL confuser is way out of date now too?

Thanks for the help and sorry for rambling on!! lol

Last edited by RyanRs; 23rd Sep 2011 at 08:42.