PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Confirmed Faker. Suggest next move?
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2011, 05:56
bytheotherside

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reason for this thread was to discuss things that we as pilots can do to put a halt to these guys simply moving from airline to airline each time they get found out. Eventually the rank/rating will stick and they will be flying aircraft they have never been trained for or operating in roles they have never been deemed suitable for.
Agencies and employers play a "dont ask, dont tell" game it seems, especially once the person has been hired. Aviation authorities wont go near the issue, especially when it involves flying in another jurisdiction.

Anytime a faker has been found out that I have heard of, they just move on to another continent or region. No long-term detrimental effect on their career from faking professional qualilfications and having put lives at risk.

Airlines just dont want the publicity. Any national press would have a field day with a scandal like a fake captain.

Understandably pprune have a policy of not allowing people to be named. Neither is corporal punishment practically an option I'm afraid... His location is unknown. But if he shows up in another asian country claiming to be a captain and instigates a hull loss in 3 years time who is responsible?

I've seen other threads in this forum get swamped by people wanting to drown this issue. In my mind only someone with a falsified background themselves (whether its experience, flight hours, rank or type) would want to bury this discussion. It's endemic in this industry.