PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alligator Airways Grounded
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2011, 03:35
ContactMeNow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, changing a culture does take time. Rectifying systemic neglect takes time too. Re-qualifying every crew member, twice - lots of time. Good job I'm an instructor, poor old MB would have not been qualified to do what CASA have made me do.

Close circuits and glide approaches over an aircraft that didn't quite make it, is a bit of salt to wounds I didn't want to have to apply but CASA made me do it. Developing a good working relationship with our competitors, that takes time and trust too.

Dipping the poor buggers in the pool (and trying to make it informative for them. At least we got to shoot a few cane toads with an expired extinguisher) that's more time. CASA coming back half way through... Sorry, no it's not finished yet. You are flippin lucky I've had just enough time to fly with everyone. DFT8 takes 3 weeks to get here. Yes this is Kununurra not a capital city. Everything takes time at this corner of the globe. But that's apparently not part of CASA's pre-ordained agenda. Anyone got a job? 8.5K hours 1000 jet. Who knows? About 16 CIR renewals... G1 multi. maybe MB was right.
Hear a certain operator out of YPJT is ramping up operations and trying to get a substantial large multi aircarft turbine operation going. With 1000hrs jet you will be a shoe in! Job also comes with added 'perks', such as cuddling up with the dragon lady...