PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 13th Sep 2011, 02:36
Nimbus265

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reading these MAA regulations - I can see where "EASA Part 145" is starting to form, but there are still large bits missing - and there is no mention of any aircraft "management" (EASA Part M) in there at all?
In fact the pilot CAMO scheme being introduced does not even make reference to EASA Part M, which I find rather daft, as Continuing Airworthiness Magement has it roots in EASA Basic Regulation. Perhaps the MOD have a better way

Having said that, if the quality of the Manual of Air Safty is anything to go on, then I shouldn't be that surprised. A 1/3rd of it contains a description of the rest of the MRP, a bit is borrowed from the second edition of the ICAO Safety Manual, and the rest describes the ASMS policies to be inplemented.

It does seem to have been rather cobbled together. As a Manual, it lacks any real "why" or "how" information that you would expect a 'manual' to contain and is is written in such a way that is more in keeping with a reactive safety management system, rather than a proactive or predictive system.

... jumps off of soap box....