PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar legal action update
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2011, 23:40
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down Straw man alert

My point all along has never been that the cadet programs are the best things for aviation. Simply that its unfair to abuse the cadets for taking up one of the only options currently around for them.
Bzzz. Thank you for playing. It's NOT 'one of the only options currently around for them' at all. The 'abuse' that you reckon it is- which it's not- is people who have been around for a while trying to tell you that it's NOT the only option around. There are other, better options that ultimately will serve you more effectively in the medium to long term.

So you're wrong on two counts.
1. It's not the only option
2. You're not being abused, you're being given information that you don't agree with and don't want to see. That you consider it abuse would cause me concern as to how effectively you can operate in a multi crew situation because there are going to be many times in your career that you get told that you're wrong and operating on flawed assumption regarding a particular thing. If you're as thin skinned on the flight deck as you are on PPRUNE then you're not going to have a particularly enjoyable career.

The pilots on the other hand never seem to understand the cadets problem.

$100k debt with very few job prospects, the only opportunities are in jobs where established people will hate you.....
Oh Puh-lease. Cry me a freaking river. You don't think some of us haven't started our careers carrying debts? You don't think some of us haven't started out careers with low experience levels? You really are deluding yourself. Take the blinkers off.