PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 6
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2011, 20:27
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lyman
Someone is taking a disagreement a bit too far. BEA's Press Release allowed Airbus to claim no "new" issues with the a/c. That they did, and since no one was available to prompt no "New" issues with the crews, there you go. It was cynical, callous and sly, imo.
Back up a second - the BEA "note" was the first time *anyone outside of the investigation* had any idea what the crew did, so if there was no further technical failure highlighted by the flight recorders then there could be *nothing but* "'New' issues with the crew" presented. That the pitot tubes had failed and caused a UAS incident was something that the investigation and the public already knew, so this was not "cynical", "callous" or "sly", this was simply a release of the information gathered from the new evidence available. I'm sure that if an obvious technical or mechanical failure presented itself then they would have mentioned that.

Are you saying the thread disappeared due my posts? That would be odd, since ordinarily it is the poster who garners the ban, not the discussion, and you may have an issue not with me, but with the mods.
Not at all, but let's be honest here, you've consistently popped up every few pages to reiterate your pet opinions or theories, thus leading to the "hamster wheel" effect that the mods described. I'm not entirely innocent of that either, but I'm pretty sure I've only ever repeated myself in response to questions or suppositions put forward that had already been asked and answered multiple times.