PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2011, 16:29
737 Jockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man it's all getting very negative on here!

Wind check...you're entitled to your opinion...but this is the sort of attitude that has allowed management to run roughshod over the pilots for too long now.

This post has attracted over 1,000 replies and over 278,000 views! If a fraction of those numbers stood up and joined IALPA then we might have a chance to improve things.

Not everyone can go to BA or other legacy carriers, not everyone wants to go the sandpit or do long haul etc. Personally, I think that with a few fairly straight forward changes (leave, basing policy etc.), Ryanair could be one of the best jobs around.....shoot me down if you will, I guess it all depends what you want out of the job. Of course, the biggest attitude of all to change is that of the management, and that will only happen if they are forced to negotiate with a union and cohesive Pilot group. I urge all my colleagues to unite against a few greedy, selfish and egotistical individuals, (mascarading as professional managers/executives) and please consider joining REPA and IALPA and work towards a better future.

Happy & safe flying!

PS - When I heard on the news that the police had raided a pikey settlement and released a group of mixed nationalities forced into slavery, I thought it was Dublin HQ....turns out to be travellers in Leighton buzzard!