PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar legal action update
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2011, 12:04
Oakape

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been following this thread since the beginning & have been trying to remain objective as I read & think about everyone's point of view. I have stayed out of the debate as it can be a very emotive topic & I didn't have much to add that hadn't already been said by parties on both sides of the fence.

However, I do have to disagree with the following -

Just because 10 years ago you were able to do a glide approach in your broken down plane doesn't mean you can do the same today if you haven't had to keep doing the same thing over the years to keep the skills active.
I can still perform skills I learnt years ago, as I am sure most people can. I may not be as good at them, but I can still perform them to a satisfactory standard.

Unlike those who never learnt the skill in the first place. That is one of the differences between skills & knowledge.

And -

Experience is only relevant if you keep it updated.
Experience doesn't get 'updated' - it just is. Any 'updating' is new experience, which is added to the experience pool the individual already has. It is knowledge, once again, that needs to be constantly updated.

Last edited by Oakape; 12th Sep 2011 at 12:18.