PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Welcome back pollution :(
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2011, 08:57
stillalbatross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sad but typical. The Christians use calm reason, with detailed explanations as to why they believe what they do. Their adversaries display unbounded anger and defamation. It is quite instructive as to the difference between the hearts of those who are with Christ and those who are against. I agree Gig, God's will be done.
Therein lies the whole essence of the matter. Any one who is of another faith (or no faith at all) is against yours and therefore must burn in hell. Nothing wrong with you believing in what you do, but plenty wrong in trying, through what amounts to your own fear and weakness, to get everyone else on the planet to also believe in your god. On the basis that harm will come to them if they don't.

Can you find me another religion that takes the same approach?

I can see from your posts how the Jim Jones/David Koresh sects get their followers so easily. You are so totally engrossed in your religion, or the version you have been told, or accepted, that you would happily believe whatever you were told if it could be reasoned from your bible book. Much as their followers were.

Nothing you say alters the fact that there are a lot of religions that suit a lot of people far better than christianity ever will.

I fly with Buddists who don't ram buddism down my throat, Islamists who don't ram Islam down my throat, Hindu's who don't ram Hinduism down my throat but f*ck me, can you find a christian who doesn't behave like it's the tupperware party of the religious world. Talk about hard sell. And then there's the photo's
"look at this photo of my daughter with the sun in the trees behind her, can you see the face of Jesus in there?"
"Well, nope"
"That's because you haven't found the lord yet, every photo I take has the lords face in it somewhere..........................."

As I said, if you need your bible book to tell you smacking your wife around is wrong, then don't give up on your bible book.