PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar legal action update
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2011, 07:02
balance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phoenix NZ:

Thats the difference between the two of us. I wouldn't get pissed off at the guy doing the driving, I'd be pissed off at the guy who offered him the car

Can you really blame a 17 year old for wanting to drive? Isn't it ulitmately the car owners job to ensure that the drivers is up for the job.

Thats my whole point here folks. Your blaming the cadets for taking what is realistically a great offer for someone of our level of experience. When in fact its QF/JQ who are giving us the jobs in the first place.
Prima Facie this seems logical, doesnt it?

Phoenix, the problem with your logic is that the 17 year old driver is being repeatedly told by the older more experienced drivers that he shouldnt be doing what he is doing. And when the 17 year old has an accident BOTH the 17 year old and the guy who offered him the car EQUALLY culpable, because NEITHER listened to what they were told.

Remember my friend, your arse is in that aircraft too. Along with hundreds of punters, and plenty on the ground who need you to make it from point A to point B safely.

The guy who offered the car isn't necessaily in that car with you. So there is an excellent chance that this fella want to make some dough, and he isnt fussed about some risk assessment, he just wants the cash. You can see the conflicting interests, I'm sure.

So mate, listen to the wise people on this thread. Stop with this immature attitude that you are displaying. Get the experience up, earn the respect of your peers, and only then will you be able to do this job without being a danger to yourself and others.