PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Welcome back pollution :(
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2011, 11:22
water check

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bob Hawke. Your comments are beyond absurd. They are so far from the truth of what I believe and what my feelings about non-believers are that to even comment is giving them legitimacy that they truly do not warrant. However, because they are so absurd I feel they must be refuted, if for no other reason than to ensure that others are not poisoned by your distorted and bitter remarks.

I do not 'condemn you to hell' (nor would any other true believer. A true Christian deeply loves and cares about his fellow man). You (and most non-believers) totally misunderstand the reason that hell exists (we can leave the idea of what hell is for another discussion). God does not 'hate' a single non-believer. It is simply the fact that man has separated himself from God by choice. Mankind himself is condemning his eventual deliverance to hell because of HIS rejection of God, not God's rejection of man. God does not wish to lose a single soul, but because free choice is crucial to the value of God's love for us, it has to be based on free choice. As an example, if you have children, and they were forced to tell you they loved you, would that statement and any subsequent relationship with them have any value? No, it would not. The only true value in them telling you they love you is if it is done out of their free will. To force such a statement out of them would be the most hollow thing you could ever experience. It is no different with God's love towards us. For it to have any value we must have a choice. Free choice to love God, but also free choice to reject him.

I do not wish any of my fellow human beings to be delivered to 'hell', but that is not my choice, it is theirs. Ironically, it is not God's choice either. He felt that the choice of willingly loving him was worth giving us, as it defines the only real value of such love. In fact, it defines the purpose of our very existence. That is why your comments are so offensive. You grossly misrepresent the fact that believers understand that it is mankind that has gone wrong, not the entity that created us. God knew that only truth and justice can define our (and His) ultimate value. His creation can only have eternal value if it comes to him voluntarily. Without that we may as well be programmable robots. I would never want that from my children...why would God want it from his...?

There was a reason that God became man and came to live amongst his creation in the person of Jesus Christ. God loves us so much that He was willing to sacrifice his only Son (who was perfect and blameless and without sin) to provide a bridge between our worldly existence and the completely pure and different dimension that is the existence that God inhabits. What most people do not realise is that their souls are really the 'real' them, and our physical bodies are simply a vessel that we inhabit before we embark on our eternal existence.

You don't have to believe. God gives you that free choice. Just don't make the mistake of thinking that a free choice means an absence of choice. There is no middle ground. God paid for your life with the heaviest price possible, the cruel and unwarranted death of HIS only Son. He insists you make a choice. You will then have decided which side of history you stood. God imbued us with intelligence, conscience, responsibility and finally, eternal choice. God came to earth the first time to save mankind. The second time will be to judge. When the whole natural world starts to melt away suddenly, and you are left staring into the face of God himself, it will be too late then to make the choice. God has been giving mankind the benefit of his Love and patience for two thousand years. I suggest that that period of history is rapidly coming to a close. Make your choice Bob, but don't suggest that those of us who have chosen to love the living God have anything but compassion and love for you and every other of our fellow human beings. It is simply that I can't make the choice for you, and I will not allow you to completely misrepresent God's love or those who have chosen to accept it.