PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Welcome back pollution :(
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2011, 10:29
Bob Hawke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Science requires no faith, i.e. Belief without evidence, your Christian get clause is John 20:29, if you want to throw bible verses around. Belief used in religious terms verses scientific enquiry is completely different and frequently abused by evangelists. Religiously it is:- "Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence".., plus others, but essentially the same.

In a broad sense per say, scientific reasoning (devil word!!) it would be the "Informal" usage of the word faith which can be quite broad, and the word is often used as a mere substitute for trust or belief. Do you get the difference. You evangelists talk about a play on words, well there you go, hypocrites!

It is the religious types that carry such retarded thinking drawing totally on one very doubtful document (pls choose your version here) to support their faith, to kill, to condemn, to vilify, to isolate, to segregate, to mutilate, to hate and to denigrate!

As a non-believer I don't hate you nor condemn you to eternal hell fire, which you do if I don't embrace your beliefs. This demonstrates your innate hateful nature if you are prepared to accept that premise for the remainder of humanity - can you not see that. Where is your compassion? Are you happy to condemn millions upon millions from the past, to now, and the future? This makes beliverers even more disgusting than Hitler, if we talk in relative numbers of souls to hell. Even those without knowledge of your "good" book you will condemn all! What a disgrace!

Like pollution there is a glimmer of hope that reason, commonsense and compassion will prevail over the stench of superstition. In the words of Pat Condell," I don't respect your beliefs, And I don't care if your offended." This is about your beliefs, not you.