PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any Cebu Pacific Crew here ?
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2011, 10:04
Jaz and the Fat Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyones situation is so different that to say whether this job is good for someone is a tough call. It's too bad that there are so many thoughtless people tossing you know what into the wind, without any facts. When I accepted this job, I was in the position to come over here, without the prospect of any time off to visit my family during the contract period. Then, before I got here, I was offered the 6/2. I know, from what I've last heard, they aren't offering to the FO's, yet, but remember, a couple weeks ago, they weren't offering it to the Captains either. I know what it's like to be young and each week feels like a year, but in this business, this aviation business and especially contract, you have to be patient. I would fully expect that the FO's will be offered commutable contracts at some point. As far as pay, ALL companies pay Captains more than FO's, I know for some this might be a hard concept to understand. As over the years, I've flown with enough FO's that couldn't understand why they weren't Captains after 100 hours on the airplane and most importantly, why in the hell I was a Captain..... The pay varies for each person, depending on whether you sign directly, which is what I did, or through a contract company. I was offered 2500 more to go direct than through Parc, let's say. Ok, I had to sign a 50K penalty clause that may or may not be enforceable, but I have never jumped ship in the night so it wasn't a big deal. I was having breakfast the other morning and listened to one the "wise" foreign FO's that had been here for less than a year. CP offered him a left seat position but he would have to sign a "local" contract. He was ranting about " Do they think I'm Stupid"? I make more as an FO.... So, this guy, who has been an A320 FO, turned it down. I should say, who has been an A320 FO for the past 17 years, turn it down. Very sharp guy, he showed them......