PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar legal action update
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2011, 08:32
PhoenixNZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the UK first it was the low cost carrier. Then it was pay for your endorsement. Then it was pay a ****load of money for a cadetship, then pay for your endorsement. (meanwhile all the wages where coming down as supply of pilots rose).

It has finally culminated in pay for your cadetship, pay for your endorsement, pay for 500 hours line training along with your own accommodation at outports.

Guys are doing this because they think there is a pot of gold waiting for them at emirates if they do.

So basically unless you're in a legacy carrier in Europe, it is pretty hard to get an FO position that pays the bills at all. In fact, you pay to fly the aircraft!

All this because "I had a wife and kids, and needed to get ahead". Problem is there is always someone else willing to go lower as can be attested to the rot in Europe.

NZ will be next. Just wait till the boffins work out how much you lot are prepared to pay for 500 hours line training!

Living the dream.
And NONE of that has currently had any negative impact on the existing FOs has it? They haven't had to take paycuts or faced massive redundancies.

So what do the current FOs in NZ have to worry about when all this has done so far is impacted on new pilots to airlines.

If you belonged to a union and stopped thinking about yourself for 5 min you'd know the answer to that.
I dont currently work for an airline so I have no need to belong to a union. When I do get into an airline I'll by all means join one and when I feel my pay/conditions aren't up to scratch I'll be on the frontlines with the rest of you.

You guys are all responsible for yourselves. Your all saying I'm just being selfish but if I dont look out for me then who will? Something tells me none of you are any different. Your all looking at how these cadet schemes will affect YOU. Lets be honest, you wouldn't care if it wasn't affecting YOU. The difference is that there are lots of the YOUs out there that you can band together with.

Me on the otherhand, I'm on my own so I'm just looking out for me.