PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar legal action update
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2011, 08:21
tryhard1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi PNZ,

I'm not going to try and talk you out of your planned career path, and if that opportunity was around when I was looking into aviation, perhaps I would have taken it? (actually the Qantas cadet program was, but I couldn't afford it) but I did give up a well paying job to start in aviation, and I have to admit the happiest part of my aviation career was in GA, and also in the regionals.

When you finally join us at JQ, please understand, that those weekends you may have had with the kids will mostly disappear, you will be tired on your days off, and also while at work, which could actually effect those that you care about when you miss those special moments with the family while your working, or grumpy with the misses because she doesn't understand you working so hard, and when you are home, you just want to sleep on the couch.

Also, please don't forget that JQ can get rid of you at any time during the training if you don't cut it, and you still have to pay the $$ for the training, which unfortunately is at a highly over inflated price (as this is how JQ and the flying schools make money out of you.)

I wish you the best though, its a tough decision and a commitment that both you and your family will have to make for many years to come. I wish you well.