PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Welcome back pollution :(
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2011, 03:33
Gigaboomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skillet, it's pretty clear you don't like real debate about the actual evidence so let me just finish with the following.

You and I are exactly the same, we just believe different things. We both hold beliefs we can't prove or know 100% are true but we believe them anyway. This my friend is called faith.

The silly word games atheists use like 'lack of belief' or 'you can't prove a negative' to describe atheism is nothing more than that, silly word games. It is obvious you hold a positive belief, otherwise why go to all the effort to refute Christianity, if you were consistent then why would it matter? In the last face to face debate I had with an atheist, he even admitted directly he KNEW there was no God. The sad thing was he couldn't even see he just undermined his entire position (the debate was initially about faith versus 'reason').

Ultimately the scientific method can never investigate the question of God, or lack thereof, because by definition He is outside it's reach. The headlines we see in the media proclaiming the latest great discovery of science is really just secular scientists interpreting the data to conform to what they already believe, hardly an unbiased search for truth.

With respect Skillet, the very obvious 'evangelical zeal' you show in your posts belies the fact that deep down you know God is there, you just don't like Him. Romans 1 says "For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse".

God bless.

P.S. The pollution is terrible!