PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2011, 00:11
pamann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saskatoon - get a grip on reality please, Stansted is a bloody nightmare
Just to quash this one somewhat...

I live in London, south of the river even. Gatwick is my nearest airport and in fact it's where I work. 29 miles door to door... 3am in the morning takes me 45-50 minutes. Constant traffic light after traffic light, round about after round about (not to mention navigating my way through the joys of Croydon). Stansted however... Had to drive there the other week at 10am... 39 miles door to door (that's an extra 10 miles for the mathematically challenged). Was dreading the traffic... 48 mins I timed it. Pretty much major A road (via Blackwall tunnel) A12, M11 straight run. Let's get over the 'Stansted is in the middle of no where/grass field in Essex' malarky. I for one was more than impressed. Not the stop start, stop start $hite journey that Gatwick has become. I did Luton by road once. Sat nav sent me through central London... Absolute nightmare. Let's just get over thinking a few miles makes a huge difference. It depends on where each individual is travelling from. I know some on here like to think they live in the centre of the universe just because Luton is a few miles up a hill from their driveway.

Anyhow public transport is a different issue altogether before we get started on that one.